Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The American Dream – Planning (Part I)

I have to say, this is actually starting to look like a reality, a month and a half long trip to North America this summer…I can’t wait!!

I was delighted to speak to Pete again this weekend (great to hear from you again!) when we were able to have a chat about planning the trip, rough dates and things to do. We are aiming to travel the coast of America, heading South to Mexico before my birthday and travelling back up the West coast after my birthday (so we can drink!).

6 weeks is probably not going to be enough time, so I am trying to make a list of the key places to visit and best things to do when over there!...any help with this would be much appreciated!...A couple of things I have thought of so far include,

Places to Visit:

  • New York
  • Florida/Miami
  • Mexico
  • Las Vegas
  • Los Angeles/California (OC!)
  • San Francisco
  • Salt Lake City?
  • Vancouver?

Things to See:

  • Super Bowl/American Football game
  • Washington White House?
  • Statue of Liberty (and I♥NY T-shirt!)


I dunno no…! I need some help. What should I visit on my route? I know there is so much to do, so I will have to plan carefully. Maybe I will be able to go again another time to do the things I will miss!

This is hopefully the first of many posts on the trip…and I hope to continue posting throughout my visit as well!

3 comments:

val Tsang said...

hi Sam! your trip is going to be sooo cool! As i told you , Hols & I will go to the other side of the world for 6 wks too ! we'll have to keep each other updated on things! xxx

Anonymous said...

this is crazy, im ggaunty@blogspot.com

is your last name gaunty also?

Jol Martyn-Clark said...

Best of luck Gaunty on your travels! enjoy